As an administrator, I want that the guard rule terminates a user action if a user does not confirm so that accidental mistakes are avoided.
(WHY) Some user/bulk actions may have consequences that are hard to revert. In this case, is is desirable to be able to ask the user to confirm that he wants to start an action.
(WHAT) Add confirmation functionality to guard rules in user actions
When a Delete Document rule is part of a user action, a confirmation is shown. Apart form that, no confirmations are shown to the user when an action starts.
This story consists to two parts:
- Adding the rule
- Asking a confirmation when the rule starts
Add the Guard rule
To add a rule, the administrator completes these steps:
- Open a document definition
- Go to the workflow section
- Opens an user action
- Click on insert and then on Guard
- Enters the confirmation text in the Confirmation box (see mockup 1).
- Clicks on Update to remember the changes
- Close the action dialog
- Click on Save to persist the document definition.
BizzStream determines as follows up to what point rules are executed:
1. BizzStream will show a confirmation dialog (see mockup 2) for each of the Guard rules with a confirmation question.
2. If a confirmation dialog is cancelled, no further confirmation dialogs are presented to the user. BizzStream will ask the server to execute the rules up to the Guard rule that was not confirmed.
3. On the server the rules up to the Guard rule that was not confirmed are executed. If one of these rules throws an error or a Guard rule is triggered via the Execute Only If functionality, the user action is interrupted at that point.
Note: A guard rule with a confirmation dialog can thus interrupt the user action if the Execute Only If condition resolves to true, even though the user clicked Ok in the confirmation dialog.
Mockup 1: The confirmation properties in the Guard rule
Mockup 3: The confirmation dialog
Customer support service by UserEcho